Academic Success: Can ACAD 1100 Become a Vehicle for Student Retention?
Presented by: Marguerite Jackson-Jones
- Avg. Rating: 4.7/5.0
- Number of Evaluations: 16
- The time allotted for the workshop was appropriate.
- The content of the workshop was applicable.
- The instructor was responsive to participants
- The instructor demonstrated thorough knowledge and understanding of the topic
- I would recommend this workshop to other faculty.
- Materials presented, discussion and food!
- Humor; hands-on activities (individual and group)
- Very interactive!
- The material was excellent. It gave guidelines to follow for success. The presenters knew their subject matter and did a great job.
- Obvious Skills of Presenter
- It was thoroughly engaging, informative and participative.
- Very informative
- The workshop was highly interactive and useful information was shared.
- Good job
- The information presented was very informative and timely.
- the content of material
- Dr. Jackson-Jones' enthusiasm and knowledge of the subject matter.
- Participation of the participants in presentation
- Retention is the major issue of the college.
- all information was very pertinent and useful
- Use PowerPoint during delivery of presentations
- Expand time and focus on more ACAD course materials.
- None at present.
- none at this time
- Faculty sharing what techniques work well in their classes. Solicit questions from the faculty regarding areas that they seek advice in helping their students to achieve.
- Use Powerpoint
- Using Turnitin in D2L.
- Suggested readings for college students
- Complete overview of entire course chapter by chapter.
- none at this time.
- Learning Principles
- Unsure. It is dependent upon future needs/concerns.
- Other ACAD related topics.
- More active learning strategies.
- Other ideas as they relate to retention.
- no suggestion at this time
- Success Seminar updates
- Discussion of the book selection and recommended materials in the textbook
- Ways to in increase retention
- none at this time